Saturday, July 19, 2014

Am I lucky or what !!!

Earlier this month I was one of five lucky winners from Pam Buda's Heartspun Quilts blog, introducing her new fabric collection, Prairie Gathering!   Who wouldn't love checking their mailbox and finding this...


A charm pack of 27, eight inch squares... Prairie Gathering Collection
by Pam Buda.  The picture makes them look pinkish, but they are
beautiful, rich, reds!


Simply irresistible!!!
 
Take a moment to visit Pam's blog, and read about a new approach to a year long Block of the Month program starting in January, 2015.  Or should I say, Non-Block of the Month???  Pam's creativity will take participants down a different path, creating a Medallion style quilt... curious???  Read more by clicking here!
 
Thank you, Pam!  I'm looking forward to the Medallion Quilt project!


+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +


Summer is racing by and I find myself jumping from one EPP project to another.  Blog reading has taken a back seat to evenings spent in my comfy chair, needle and thread in hand, as I secure fabric pieces to paper hexagons, diamonds, and honeycombs.  I enjoy it so much!
 
I'm making progress on three EPP projects...


Stars in the Garden -  3/8 inch hexies... the paths are taking shape. 
You will notice that I secure the fabric to the paper with more stitches than necessary.  It's a me thing... I really like my fabric pieces to be taunt on the paper shapes, and the extra stitches help achieve that!
(from Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine -  Spring 2013)

 
Thirteen, 2 inch, 6 point diamonds... making these with floral fabrics.  I'm
not sure how these will be used in a project... looking to Sandra, (in my
quilt group) for some ideas!
 
 
Six Lucy Boston blocks, working on seven and eight!  The fabric in the background is my main path fabric.  The path pieces are sewn on the block in the middle of the bottom row, because I wanted to see how it would look...
I like it! 
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +


I can tell already, as this Saturday afternoon rolls along, that the housework will wait for another day... I'd rather read blogs, (way behind), and sit in my comfy chair with an EPP project!  What will you be doing with your time this afternoon???

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win - such beautiful fabrics! Your epp projects are lovely too - they all look great but I particularly like the fabrics you are using for your Lucy Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win! Beautiful fabrics.. and loving ALL your EPP :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the win! I love getting fabric in the mail - even better when it's Pam's fabrics and way way better when it's free!! Major score!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats ! That gorgeous red fabric had your name all over it ;-) Could not have gone to a more deserving person . 3 wonderful projects especially the Lucy Boston blocks LOVE THEM !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you are a really lucky girl. Love that fabric you won. Your EEP projects are all so wonderful. I think my favourites are the Lucy Boston blocks, but really, everything I see on your blog is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. felicidades!!!!
    son maravillosas todas esas telas rojas.....
    grandes proyectos con ellas
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous win, gorgeous fabrics. The housework will never be done with so much lovely tempting EPP. Enjoy your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sitting in my comfy chair right now trying to catch up on blogs! Congratulations on the win, they look like wonderful fabrics. I really love all your EPP projects!! I was able to get a digital version of Primitive Quilts Spring 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation on your win.
    Wonderful progress on your EPP projects.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lucky! what beautiful fabrics, great reds.
    Your EPP is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky girl! The line is fabulous. And your EPP projects are beautiful, especially like the Lucy Boston blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting to have those luscious reds show up at your home. Thanks for the info about Pam Buda's upcoming non-BOM project. The planned quilt looks tempting.
    Your EPP projects are so varied, and I see great progress on them all. No boredom with all those different shapes. You're using fabrics beautifully in the Lucy Boston blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky GIrl -- beautiful fabric..... I love all of Pam's directing and quilt teaching. Always great instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your win! What beautiful fabrics. Do you know how you will use them? Will they work in your Lucky Boston? I just started stitching some honeycombs for my P of the C. It's an intriguing quilt. LOVE all your EPP projects. I'm an EPP addict, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you! Your hand projects are coming along nicely. I love the layout of the hexie's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! First of all congratulations on winning the fabric, it's beautiful, love red :) I discovered paper piecing last winter and it is my new favorite TV watching pastime. I have to have something to do while by sweet husband watches his alligator hunting and ice trucking show, LOL. Your quilts are gorgeous and you are such an inspiration.
    I am your newest follower ad I do hope that you will follow me back.
    Have a lovely day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of those EPP projects are just beautiful, but I can't stop looking at Stars in the Garden. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Was just looking over my blog roll and realized I hadn't seen you around for a while. Looks like you posted this while I was busy caring for my Mom and not getting to blogs.
    All of your EPP projects are wonderful. I am (very) slowly working on Stars in the Garden, but I think my hexies are 1/2" Just used what I had on hand. It is my "grab and go" project, so it doesn't see a lot of surface time. Your's looks so good!
    And I love your LB blocks! (Am I the only one not making those?) Very good job on fabric placement!
    Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, oh so gorgeous! You use fabrics and colors that are my very favorites and do it so beautifully! I love the fussy cutting in your Boston blocks!
    I can see I'm going to love keeping up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! Your EPP projects are looking amazing! Wonderful progress for you.:)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderator is on. Thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments and will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. Come again!