Sunday, June 15, 2014

Scrappy Spools

A Sunday of sewing and I'm closer to a flimsy of scrappy spools. 




At this point it measures 16" x 20" without two narrow and one wide border the pattern calls for.  I may or may not add the three borders... we'll see!   Ahead of me now is the task of removing the tissue paper foundations... I like paper piecing, but I don't enjoy tearing the paper off the back.  I don't know anyone who does!

The pattern is Scrap Happy Spools, a Little Bits pattern by Cindi Edgerton.  (For more information on this pattern and others by Cindi, click here).  Cindi offers two variation... 9 or 20 spools.  I opted for the 20 spools version, with each of the spools in a different blue fabric.  Mission accomplished!   The coming week nights will be occupied with finishing this small quilt... that's the plan anyway!

I hope you find time to spend in your sewing room this week, too!


 

17 comments:

  1. Love your Spools quilt & your header quilt !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. delightfully scrappy~!
    i use t.v. time or travel time to tear the paper off although i have to say that i don't really do a lot of paper piecing . . . someday i'll put together a New York beauty type piece and paper piecing is a good way to go with that type of pattern.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have guessed how little this is. I know it is small, but it is hard to tell from the photos. Cindi's little designs are beautiful.
    I don't like removing papers, either, but I have a friend who loves it. She has offered to do it for me, but I would feel too guilty to ask her to do it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is so scrappy, I love quilts the scrappier the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've chosen a wonderful selection of fabrics for both the spools and for the quilt in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, I'm with Sue, I just love them both. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun quilt, enjoyed looking at all the different fabrics. I need to make a spool quilt…..
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This scrappy spools is gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your scrappy spools quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love scrappy quilts! The first quilt I made was two fabrics if I remember correctly. I quickly got a stash started so I could make scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your scrappy spools. Perfect blend of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love every quilt you do! I love your fabric choices and the pattern is a great one.
    I may have to get that one but it would have to go on the "back burner" for now. I have many projects to finish first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Scrappy Spools is just delightful!! Love it and your great choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That scrappy spool quilt is gorgeous. What fabulous fabric choices you've made. I don't guess I knew it was that small ... that makes it all the more fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Ooooo....I love your fabric choices - so scrappy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great scrappy spools and am so taken with the fabulous quilt in your header!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely fabrics do you use!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderator is on. Thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments and will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. Come again!