Bird on a Branch... design by Betsy Chutchian. From her marvelous book, Just Treats, No Tricks. A 2014 Threads retreat project.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

B I N G O prize!

Silly as it sounds, we play B I N G O at retreat.   We get just as excited for bingo as we do for completed projects!   In March, the Threads group enjoyed another spring retreat, and the B I N G O prizes were a big hit!  If you were lucky enough to win at least once, you may have gone home with machine needles, a felted coin purse, a seam ripper, a woolly scarf, funky socks, homemade hand lotion, homemade hand scrub,  crocheted coasters, amaryllis bulbs, binding clips, or this...


Sandra made a couple of these very cute and very handy rectangular pin cushions.  It nestles up to my sewing machine base... ribbon sewn on each long end wrap around to the back and tie into a snug bow.   So precious!   And who doesn't love a pinwheel block... especially in blue and white!!!

Thank you Sandra!

10 comments:

  1. Bingo is fun! Everyone loves to shout Bingo when they win... no matter what they say! lol! Love that pin cushion! Great idea to have tie to the machine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. que gran idea !!
    ademas de precioso molinete
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! And you came home with a great prize - another fun idea! Love your header picture - you have the best decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I am always losing my pincushion so I am definitely making one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing says friendship and good times quite like playing Bingo at a quilting retreat. Super list of fun gifts.
    I read your previous post about not taking your machine to the retreat -- just working on hand stitching, namely the Stars in the Garden EPP. I tend to stress a bit when I'm planning to go to retreat -- taking the machine, remembering all accessories, and the pile of projects. Much simpler to just take hand sewing. And your blood pressure and stress level drop, drop, drop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!
    I have seen these pincushions--even downloaded a pattern for one, but it didn't have the clever ribbon. It was just supposed to sit there. I like the ribbon, but the problem for me is that I realized if mine sits where yours is sitting, it covers some of my controls on my machine. What was the machine designer thinking? Didn't they realize??? : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great pincushion ! I like the way it fits on your sewing machine. Great idea ! Happy April 1 st

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love how the pincushion attaches to the machine with a ribbon. You got the best prize.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm... I wonder if you could attach it with velcro? or double sided tape? always thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how handy. I'm going to make a couple of those. Great Christmas presents for my sewing buddies. Thanks for the idea. Lyn from Aussie.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderator is on. Thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments and will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. Come again!