Saturday, August 24, 2013

Little Nine Patch Doll Quilt

With a week to spare I finished Kathleen Tracy's August sew along mini quilt.   

Little Nine Patch Doll Quilt


I took it outside as the sun was setting to capture the true colors.   The free pattern is available here

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ten days from now I will be heading north to the wonderful woodlands of Minnesota for seven glorious days of what is fondly referred to as RETREAT!

I've been checking the days off my calendar since August 1st.   My sewing machine will most likely be idle this week, as I have lots of prepping to do.  Deciding what projects to take can be difficult... my expectations of what will get done are usually unrealistic.  With plans to stop at 3 or 4 quilt shops on the way there, it never fails that something new and grand is noticed by one or several of us retreaters!   When we travel in packs, it's easy to get excited about a project we think everyone will want to make during our time together!   It can get crazy... and that's what has happened for most of the past 9 years in this group... we have pictures and video to prove it! 

The to-do list will be written tomorrow.    And hopefully, the check offs will follow quickly there after! 



 

17 comments:

  1. Very sweet little quilt!
    Oh, it sounds like you are going to have a grand time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was by chance that I came home, you pretty things
    and it is as pretty as any
    Christine ( France )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft colors of this quilt. Even the red seems subtle.
    Sounds like a grand retreat! Have a fun and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy! I LOVE your little quilt! It's so soft and pretty! Same for the new header quilt. It's lovely also. I know you'll have a great time on your retreat trip. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such soft and pretty colors in your new little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great little quilt - I like the soft fabrics. I'm so excited for you girls going on the retreat (and totally envious!) - sure don't blame you for counting down the days. I can't wait to see lots of pictures and hear tales of the fun you all have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your quilt! I love the light colors...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little nine patch is adorable. You never know what could happen when a bunch of quilters gather together. Shopping is the best with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet, soft looking little quilt! It sounds like you'll have a GREAT time with your friends - I'm going on an overnight trip with a few quilting buddies too - yay for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds wonderful, enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little 9 patch is just beautiful ~ love the soft colors and sweet fabrics. The retreat and road trip to shops on the way sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The doll quilt is very sweet! Enjoy that retreat...wish I could come!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful little doll quilt!
    Your fabrics for this are so delicate and lovely - just wonderful!
    Enjoy your exciting Quilt Retreat!
    Looking forward to some pictures upon your return!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those Dressing Gowns fabrics. Your little 9-patch project turned out great. The blocks are just darling, and your setting and borders are brilliant. I'm in the doll quilt mood at the moment myself, so this is perfect.

    Have fun at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet quilt. Love how it turned out! Have fun on your retreat. I'm sure it will be great for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathy.... that is the most beautiful little quilt. The fabrics you used are just perfect.... for my lounge window sill! ;o) I've got to make one of my own. Thanks for the link to the pattern. No need to say 'have a wonderful retreat' I reckon that's a given. Wish I was coming with you... sounds like you girls have a blast.
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderator is on. Thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments and will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. Come again!