A gifted-to-me dainty wool wreath, and the first flannel mini quilt I made... two of my favorite things this holiday season!

Sunday, March 31, 2013

April means... Simply Charming Every Other Month Mini Sew Along!

Many of us in the Midwest welcome April's arrival, with the hope that spring, as we all remember it, actually occurs sooner, rather than later!  A few days with temps approaching the 60 degree mark have teased us well enough... it's time for the real thing to stop flirting with us, and make a commitment to arrive, and stay!

If you are joining Darlene and I in our Simply Charming Every Other Month Mini Sew Along, it's time to make another mini from Tara Lynn Darr's Simply Charming book.  

I choose Nellie's Nine Patch, and used a charm pack of Indigo Crossing, by Minick and Simpson for Moda, for the majority of my quilt.  A few finds among my scraps filled in nicely for some of the larger blocks, in soft whites and ecru tones.  I like to keep my machine quilting very simple!

April 2013 Simply Charming Mini Quilt
Nellie's Nine Patch
Finished size 15" x 18"
 
Darlene and I would love to see the mini you are making for the month of April.  You can link below... you will have until May 5th.  Please link to the post in your blog that features your finished mini quilt.  Send me an e-mail if you have questions about how to do that.

Happy spring... happy sewing!
 

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful mini and you can't go with a blue and white combination.
    Haven't started on my mini, it's on my To Do List for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little blue/cream creation--loving all the blue fabric collections coming out lately!
    I have linked up and am already planning my next Charming little quilt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your's is very cute...gotta go pick mine out for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a little quilt similar to this years ago. Yours is darling! I love the crispness of blue and white. I hope to make a larger blue and white quilt some day. Here's to warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful mini quilt!
    I love this fabric collection and it looks fabulous in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Can't go wrong with blue and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini quilt is a little charmer!!! I will go pick up my own book this week!

    Been busy with organizing, making new curtians, throwing away empty boxes, setting up porch and veranda furniture so we can enjoy the warmer weather headed our way here in "IOWA"!!!

    I'm ready for new projects,thank you Kathy and Darlene for your inspiration!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's just something about Indigo isn't there? Very sweet little mini.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little blue and white quilt. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little quilt! It looks great! I finished my quilt a few weeks back and had posted about it in late March so I have linked to that post. Love seeing what everyone has made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your quilt. I think I might do that one next. It sure is fun seeing all of the quilts being made for this wonderful QAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute blog! I'm your newest follower. I did as you suggested and joined the linky with my Scrap Basket Sundays Simply Charming quilts. By the way, I'm originally from South Dakota and I lived three years in Sioux City, IA! I'm a Midwestern girl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling, darling, darling! I am loving this quilt-a-long from you and Darlene. Thank you so much. I have one more FQ to cut and then I"m ready to put my April Simply Charming quilt together. The reason it's taking me so long to cut is because I'm cutting enough pieces so I can have enough for my next Simply Charming....

    Thinking "ahead'....don't often do that...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I posted my Quilt on my blog this morning. I am having so much fun with you and Darlene. Thanks so much. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited to join in on this sew along! I ordered my book today, but I think I can get started right away on the mini you made. Have I missed any months yet?? I'll be back to link up after I get my mini done. I am a hand quilter so I better get a move on if I want to make the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Time to think about June. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderator is on. Thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments and will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. Come again!