Monday, November 19, 2012

On the design wall...

Block number nine for the Thread Head Quilt Along is the Single Irish Chain block. 


Single Irish Chain

When I decided to join this weekly block quilt along I planned to make a table topper with just the first nine blocks.  But I'm enjoying this too much to call it quits, so I'm going to make at least sixteen blocks.  That way I'll end up with a larger table topper, and with the prints and colors I am using, I think it will be the perfect table topper for the month of November. 


I have 10 blocks because I made two Churn Dash blocks

And that gives me until next November to get it done... sweet!

(For more information about Joanne's Thread Head Quilt Along, click on the icon on my side bar).


 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks! Love your fabrics and color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks--especially the colors! Wish I was quilting along, by I am too far behind on too many projects. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love ALL the fabric you are using. I can see why this quilt would be so much fun to make :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking how fall like the fabrics colors are. You may not want to stop when you get to 16!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they look great, nice to see them all together on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are making more - I love seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are looking great! I am so behind on all of mine...as usual...but things are so hectic right now, I'll have to get back to them after the holidays!

    You do have a great knack for choosing lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha. It may take me until next November to get caught up on Joanne's quilt along. The last blocks I made were #3!!

    Yours are so nice, makes me want to start over in different colors.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. great fabric choices for the blocks wow they look really good together,
    I just may have to go back and join in

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great, love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous colors - sounds like this project may continue to grow for you - don't you love it when it takes on a life of its own...

    Wishing you and yours a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMW.......I love your blocks and the fabric you are using!!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your colors of fabrics that you are using. They are so warm and inviting. I also love the picture you have in the header of your page. It is beautiful. I am a new follower and look forward to future postings. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those blocks and the colors are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderator is on. Thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments and will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. Come again!