Bird on a Branch... design by Betsy Chutchian. From her marvelous book, Just Treats, No Tricks. A 2014 Threads retreat project.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Surprise In My Mailbox!

In October I received an e-mail from Carolyn of Lee Prairie Designs.  Seems Carolyn was surfing on Pinterest and came upon a mini quilt that someone pinned from my post dated August 10th.  Carolyn asked if I would share the pattern information with her.  Well, of course I would!!!  The primitive doll mini quilt is from an old Indigo Junction pattern.   I knew I wouldn't be making anything from the pattern again, so I responded back to Carolyn that if she was willing to share her address, I would mail the pattern to her, and it was hers to keep or pass along.  That was a few weeks ago, and today, my mailbox had a little surprise for me!



 




The turkey on the note card was drawn and water colored by Carolyn's own artistic hand!   He's the cutest!  The fabric book has a little surprise in it too!

There are four "pages" of soft batting for pins and needles.  Slipped into a side pocket on the other side is the cutest mini composition notebook.   And I love the bright yellow and black cover fabric, combined with the red fabric lining.   Did you notice the red embroidery stitching  all around the edge?  And the plaid ribbon just tops it off!


Thank you Carolyn... I love my little gifts!  You are too kind!

8 comments:

  1. How cute! Carolyn does the best little drawings and paintings - so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn is a sweetheart! I met her through Blogland also and we enjoy getting together now and then! I love her little paintings...so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet!! Carolyn is super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to combine needle book and note book... how useful is that! Very pretty too. Love Carolyns Turkey drawing too :o) Enjoy your lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is all so cute. Love the needle book with the composition book. Handy for when inspiration strikes. I usually have to go looking for paper and by the time I find it, I sometimes forget what I needed the paper for;-)

    blessings,jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that! Aren't quilters just the most generous people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will echo the others who have said Carolyn is very talented. She is also very kind and you have evidence of both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! Love the turkey card!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderator is on. Thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments and will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. Come again!